Year / Date of Issue : 03.2018
Version : 1.3.0
Developer : Blue Cat Audio
Developer’s website : Blue Cat Audio
Format : VST, VST3, AAX
Bit depth : 32bit, 64bit
Tablet : cured \ testing of VR treatment
System requirements : An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
Blue Cat’s Destructor is a powerful distortion and amplifier effect model that can simulate any overload: from dramatic digital destruction to smooth compression or modeling a guitar amp.
Comes with hundreds of presets and models, either inspired by existing equipment (guitar and bass amps, cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape recorders …) or created by our destructive minds.
But the plugin is not limited to these models: all parameters of existing presets are completely edited, which gives you access to an unlimited number of overload simulations – there is no need to purchase additional presets or amplifier models to create your tone. Based on the perceptual model, and not on electronic constructions or impulse responses, the signal chain is minimized, simplifying the tone adjustment process and making it fit into the mix.
The plug-in reacts to the game of instruments, providing a very natural impression, similar to the experience of analog equipment.
• Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
• Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing …
• Works for “clean” sounds too.
• Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, created by real gear.
• More than 1600 visual styles to customize the user experience.
• Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
• Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
• Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
• Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
• Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
• Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
• Load reference curves for tone matching.
• No latency.